VIRTUAL MACHINES AND COMPILERS
These techhologies are our core specialization
We executed testing of all Java Virtual Machine (JVM) from Sun Microsystem, developed programming tools, launched 14 releases of conformance suite JCK in partnership with manufacturer. This experience is succesfully applied to imlementation of system software projects.
New version of Java-type platform is realized for Russian CPU Elbrus. It is a fully secure implementation, free of malicious logic and backdoors in hardware and software. thia verson supports all built-in security features of native Java. Currently we are increasing performance of Russian JVM, porting new libraries and applications.
- Developed on the base of OpenJDK JVM
- JIT (just-in-time) compiler is implemented optimized for Elbrus platform
- Special libraries are ported for Elbrus architecture (OpenGL, OpenCV etc.), some widely spread opensource applications and libraries (Apache Tomcat, Apache Derby, Eclipse, Apache Jmetter etc.)
J2SE class libraries (OpenJDK), Java virtual machines, Just-In-Time compilers, C, C++, ????
- Porting and adaptation of legacy compilers and interpreters
- Validation of correct processing all of functions
- Performance improvement
Technologies: from Chromium project
Customer is advancing a novel server virtualization technology specifically tailored to x86 enterprise application environments. The technology features high reliability and performance with superior cost-efficiency and manageability. The first software platform planned for this technology is the Java Platform. Any Java application will operate on new technology-based array automatically and transparently.
J2SE class libraries (Apache Harmony, OpenJDK), Java virtual machines, Just-In-Time compilers, C, C++, Mercurial
- technology utilizes arbitrary inexpensive, off-the-shelf servers, assuring the lowest possible cost of entry
- hot-swappable, can work in fully redundant mode to tolerate failures
- technology is embedded under the covers, no apps re-engineering is required
- the Java platform implementation allows to switch between available class libraries on startup
Extensive work with a wide range of Java API libraries led to the strongest experience in this area of ~ 60 man-years. Libraries covered:
- Core Java packages (java.lang and subpackages)
- Basic mathematics API
- Java Management Extension API (javax.management)
- Sound API (javax.sound)
- Printing API (javax.print)
- XML processing (DOM, SAX) API
- Image I/O API (javax.imageio)
- Java utility API (java.util)
- Networking API (java.net)
- Java I/O API (java.io, java.nio)
- Implementation of CJK and other character encodings
- Java security API (JAAS, JCE, JSSE)
- front-ends and back-ends development
- development of new and missing features
- optimizations of various performance issues
Conformance Testing projects for Java platform are described here.