We transfer on a new technological stack both, whole IT systems and individual components.
This may be a transition to different hardware platforms or to some other programming technologies. Along with a transition, we identify the “bottlenecks” where performance drops down, and then perform the optimization taking into account the possibilities of new platforms and technologies. Further still, we provide technical documentation, conduct training for engineers responsible for software deployment. We can provide continuous technical support of the ported software.
Some of the subject related use cases:
Transfer of a database from Oracle to PostgreSQL was done with preservation of all business logic implemented on DBMS level. In this case databases interacts with backend on Java. Plenty of optimizations are realized.
Technologies: Oracle DBMS, PostgreSQL DBMS, Ora2Pg
Specialized libraries are adapted and optimized for efficient operation of applications on «Elbrus» processors, both original and widely used on other platforms:
- OpenCV – computer vision library. Our specific optimizations have significantly improved the performance: e.g., when calculating the GEMM function (matrix multiplication), Elbrus processor with 800 MHz overtakes by 20% Intel x86 processor with 3.4 GHz
- EML - library of mathematical functions
- LibreSSL – the encryption library
- Library of digital signal processing functions for specialized DSP coprocessor
- Java virtual machine based on the OpenJDK project, more than 10 versions has been already launched
- Implementation of C # language support based on Mono project
As a part of reengineering of large commercial IT system for corporate project management was implemented:
- Migration of user interface from C and Win32 API to Java and SWT library
- Reengineering of application written on obsolete (1997) package of Visual Prolog v4.1 to contemporary state via transformation of proprietary language extension to the modern standard with the subsequent generation of Java code. As a result, an expansion of the supported back-end platforms to Win / Linux x32 / x64 has occurred
Technologies: С, Java, Prolog, SWT